Assistant Accountant, 6 month fixed term contract
RPC bpi group has an opportunity for a fixed term position at our Greenock site for an Assistant Accountant to further strengthen our Financial Reporting team.
The role will initially be for 6 months and there may be the opportunity for this to be extended.
You will report directly to the Financial Reporting Manager and the main accountabilities of the role are as follows:
- Assist with preparation of monthly management accounts
- Duties associated with raw material reconciliations
- Processing of monthly, daily and weekly transactions, including generating and processing of manual payments.
- Daily reconciliation of bank accounts and other key control accounts as required.
- Involvement in weekly hedging & currently rate maintenance
- Preparation of VAT reconciliations and Intrastat returns.
- Delivery of half year, year-end and monthly reporting to strict timetable
- Ensure compliance to strict month end timetable
- Adherence to departmental standard operating procedures
- Work with the Financial Reporting Team, Business Finance Teams and the SSC Teams to build excellent cross team working and increase process efficiencies and achieve or exceed good practice
- Contribute to process improvement projects and delivery of Group initiatives where appropriate
- Other duties as required and appropriate.
You should have a hands on approach and be task and outcome focused with excellent attention to detail. You will be an engaging individual with a track record of building confidence and rapport with stakeholders across the business. You will have a willingness to learn and be a keen team player.This role would suit an ambitious, capable individual who is either part qualified CA/ACCA/ACMA or a candidate who has relevant experience. It would be advantageous if you have previous experience of Navision and Cognos.
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits package including pension scheme, profit sharing and share option scheme.
How to apply
Please send your CV with a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the job to Stacey Crawford, HR Business Partner at email@example.com by 20th September 2019.