North of England and Scotland
Business Development Manager
Due to the development and growth of the Visqueen Construction Team we require a Business Development Manager to join the team to cover the North of England and Scotland.
For more than fifty years, Visqueen, Part of RPC bpi Group, have been recognised as the leader in the development, production and supply of high performance, high quality construction films. Our experienced specification team is the most technically proficient and one of the largest in the country and have the ability to link technical support to specification generation and retention through our blue chip supply chain. Our Commercial team have built exceptional links with National merchants and buying groups resulting in year on year growth with great potential for further development.
You will be based at a home office, operating across the North of England and Scotland and have responsibility for product sales and Business development – developing branches within our National Accounts and Buying Groups within our national builders merchant customer base. Reporting to the construction National Account Manager, the main objectives of the role are;
• Proactive business development at branch level including effective diary management to achieve KPI’s
• Development of Damp Protection Centre model
• Working with commercial team and internal colleagues to maximise effectiveness of campaign activity
• Identifying case studies and ensuring good levels of interaction on LinkedIn
• Develop and implement initiatives with branches to meet our volume and margin objectives
• Return sales to monthly forecasted expectations alongside individual brand expectations
• Recognise opportunities and feedback ideas for new products for the stocking portfolio
• Monitor sales data and centre performance
• Develop a quarterly branch/area activity plan in line with strategic quarterly goals
• Participate in continued and professional personal development
• You will work alongside our Heanor based Customer Services, Technical, Commercial and Marketing teams
• Training branch colleagues in the Visqueen product range and sales opportunities
Knowledge and experience of selling to the UK Builders Merchant Construction sector is essential for this role. The candidate would be expected to be able to demonstrate a strong track record of business development success within this sector. The ability to confidently present concise and business winning propositions, have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to inspire when dealing with a dry and challenging subject matter such as structural waterproofing.
This role would suit a self-motivated sales individual looking to progress their career within the construction sector. They would be flexible regarding working hours and spending nights away from home. They would also possess the following key competencies
• High Level of IT Skills utilising CRM, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Articulate, confident communicator and training presenter.
• An ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
• Attention to detail and numerical skills.
• Thrive in a pressurised sales driven environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with confidence to deal at senior/ director level.
This senior sales role offers a competitive salary in addition to the usual range of RPC bpi benefits.
How To Apply
To be considered for this attractive opportunity please send or email your CV and a covering letter to myself Laura Guy
National Sales Manager
Heanor Gate Road
Closing Date 28th February 2019