Blending and Compounding Operators
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Blending and Compounding Operators to join RPC bpi PLASgran based in Wimblington, Cambridgeshire, where the site employs over 80 people and specialises in the recycling of waste plastics.
RPC bpi PLASgran is one of the largest plastic reprocessing specialists in the UK, with the scope and expertise to compound up to 40,000 tonnes of plastic waste each year, as well as further plastic recycling in granulation and baling. As a leading reprocessor, our capabilities enable us to recycle plastic from industrial waste, packaging waste and other waste sources.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidates will operate state of the art blending and compounding machinery and work with the rest of the shift for the effective running of the Production Department. They will follow work instructions given by the Team Leader/Production Manager to produce a product that meets quality standards. Operators are expected to develop their own personal skills and capabilities through on-going training in line with Company policies. All the above is to be completed whilst maintaining a safe, clean workplace without risk to health.
Working day shift patterns of 4 days on / 4 days off (7.00am – 7.00pm) or night shift 4 nights on / 4 nights off (7.00pm – 7.00am) with a working shift of 12 hours including paid breaks.
- To comply with the company H&S Policy, ensuring that PPE is worn at all times.
- Working to relevant departmental SWP’s at all times in line with training received.
- Demonstrate a responsible attitude and behaviour to health and safety and the operation of expensive machinery.
- Contribute in the improvement of H&S systems and practices within the department.
- Report immediately hazards, accidents, incidents and near misses to their Manager.
- Maintain a safe, clean working environment without risk to health.
- Maintain a good working relationship with work colleagues.
- Operate machinery safely, effectively and efficiently to maximise production levels.
- Carry out and accurately record quality checks and information during shift.
- React quickly to overcome faults to maximise efficiency and minimise scrap levels.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing / plastic recycling environment
- Experience of plastics production
- Experience of H&S responsibilities within a manufacturing / recycling environment
- The ability to work unsupervised and be able to use own initiative
- The ability to form good working relationships at all levels
How To Apply
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for candidates will be 14th December 2018
Location: Wimblington, Cambridgeshire