Multi-Skilled Engineer, Rhymney
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will provide effective maintenance to plant. Responding quickly and efficiently to break downs to ensure rapid turnaround.
- To provide effective maintenance, installation and removal of all site machinery and relevant facilities to an exceptional standard.
- Fault finding and diagnosis of machine issues
- Communication of cause of breakdowns with Production personnel to assist their understanding of issues
- Form part of the planned maintenance team to ensure PMs are effective
- Working with contractors on project work
- Proactively looking for improvements for the department to increase efficiency.
- Maintain high levels of product quality.
- Maintain H&S and environmental requirements.
- Provide an out of hours ‘on call’ service when required in the event of absence or holidays.
- Housekeeping of areas affected by work such as the workshop and around the plant
- Participate in regular audits and inspections.
- Take a ‘hands on’ pro-active position, and to take an active part in all activities within the department as the need arises.
- Regular and clear communication with Engineering Manager, Supervisor and other key personnel
- Performing of day to day maintenance operations
- Assisting with improvement projects
- Liaising with contractors and suppliers where required
Be able to demonstrate experience working in a similar role and industry. Whilst not essential, experience of the Plastics/recycling/waste industry and PLC’s would be an advantage
- Ability to think laterally and have a variety of approaches to problem solving
- Ability to priorities and work under pressure and meet given deadlines.
- You will preferably have completed a full apprenticeship (or equivalent) and have a strong knowledge and understanding of health & safety practices.
- The ability to be available on call, out of hours is a necessity, as is the need to be flexible in the shifts worked. The successful candidate will be required to achieve a high standard of workmanship, and he / she must have the ability to fault diagnose successfully.
The shifts will be working continental Shifts, rotating days and nights
- Working 12hr shifts 7am – 7pm / 7pm – 7am
- 5 days week one, 2 days week two
Qualifications relating to mechanical and electrical engineering (essential).
Desirable: HNC in Mechatronics