Quality Control Apprentice
Reporting to and being supported by the Quality Controller. Working relationships will be needed with the Operations Manager, Production Managers, Team Leaders and operators in all production departments. The apprentice will also liaise with Customer Services, Warehouse personnel and HR. This role is to assist the Quality Controller to ensure the laboratory meets the testing requirements with regard to ISO 9001, UKAS 17025 and other applicable standards. The position will offer an NVQ level 2 in Performing Manufacturing Operations with the opportunity to progress to Level 3 Business and Administration. The training is supported by a local external provider.
- Trained to perform UKAS testing
- Perform Extrusion and Conversion quality audits
- Merchanted product inspection on a frequency as advised by the Procurement department
- NCR reporting – Internal. Updating and progressing the Navision based system
- Drop testing to CHSA and NHS standards as dictated by the works order requirements, usually daily
- Calibration of the shop floor and laboratory equipment following laid down procedures and current equipment list
- Daily Goods Inward inspection and testing – melt flow, density testing and extrusion of samples as necessary. Reporting and following up on results when required
- Daily works order approval testing and verification following laid down procedures
- Ad Hoc reports and projects
- All general laboratory testing
- Adhere to and follow all the requirements of the UKAS approved Laboratory Management System
The position would suit a person who has a positive attitude towards development and a willingness to learn. They would be able to demonstrate Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel skills, ensure good attention to detail and be able to work within a team but also at times independently. They would need to be educated to GCSE Level C or equivalent in English, Science and Maths. They would need to demonstrate their ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels within the business from Directors to production operatives.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and copy of your CV to Heanor HR at Heanor.HR@rpc-bpi.com Friday 16th August 2019.