Technical Applications Manager
We have an exciting new position, this person will play a key role in the business and will work closely with the Innovation Team in RPC bpi recycled products.
This position will report directly to the Innovation Director of RPC bpi recycled products and it is an excellent opportunity for a person to use their technical knowledge and experience of plastics, preferably in the plastic recycling industry to create product specifications for customers to increase the recycled plastic content in their end products.
Key Responsibilities / Duties will include:
- Lead on technical development projects
- Travelling to customer sites to understand their products and processes
- Working with our lab technicians to create formulations for customer products
- Run extrusion trials on customer sites
- First line response to customer technical issues
- Troubleshooting on technical issues at customer sites as required
- Proactive product development for recycled products
- Deliver first class customer service providing solutions to increase sales
The ideal person should have strong technical knowledge of plastics and a proven polymer background. They should be able to demonstrate the ability to build strong working relationships with customers and colleagues and use their people skills to influence and negotiate to ensure the business and customer expectations are met. A good track record of time management and the ability to deliver projects to agreed time scales is required. The person must be degree level educated or be able to demonstrate equivalent industrial experience. They must have the ability to simplify technical information and give effective verbal and/ or written advice. They must be able to have a commercial understanding with the ability to apply strategic thinking skills. Ideally the person would bring experience in the plastics recycling industry, however this is not essential as the business can offer training and this will be an opportunity and an area for the individual’s development.
How To Apply
Please send your CV to Heanor.HR@rpc-bpi.com by the Friday 31st May 2019.